How to securely pair a Seedkeeper and a Satochip hardware wallet?
The secure pairing allows two devices (Seedkeeper, Satochip or any compatible device in the future)
to authenticate each other and generate a shared secret key to communicate securely.
This will allow them to safely exchange seeds and other data.
To achieve this, the two devices needs to exchange their authentikey and store the other device’s authentikey in their secure memory.
To simplify this process, each time a card is inserted, its authentikey is requested by the SeedkeeperTool and stored in a temporary array called the Truststore.
If you want to pair your Seedkeeper and your Satochip hardware wallet, follow these steps:
- Plug your Satochip card into your chip card reader.
- Launch the SeedkeeperTool.
- You should see a pop-up saying: “Authentikey added to the Truststore!”. Your Satochip’s authentikey is registered.
- Now, do the same steps with your Seedkeeper card (remove your Satochip card and plug your Seedkeeper card).
- You should see a pop-up saying: “Authentikey added to the Truststore!”. Your Seedkeeper’s authentikey is registered.
- Import your Satochip’s authentikey is your Seedkeeper card: “Import a secret”, “Authentikey from TrustStore” and select your Satochip’s authentikey (see “Tutorial” section to learn how to check the card’s authentikey).
- Success! You have now imported your Satochip’s authentikey in your Seedkeeper. Your cards are now securely paired.