How to secure an existing seed?
You already have a seed and want to secure it? Let’s go.
- Grab your Seedkeeper card and plug it in your card reader (see the “Shop” section).
- Launch the SeedkeeperTool (see the “Download” section).
- Put your personnal PIN code to access the card (see the “Tutorial” section).
- Click on “Import a Secret”.
- Click on “Mnemonic phrase”.
you can add a short description.
- Mnemonic type:
what type of mnemonic do you want to store.
- Mnemonic size:
how long is your mnemonic.
- Export rights:
choose if you allow plaintext or encrypted export.
- Plaintext export will allow you to export the seed in a human readable format like “extend palm antique key woman dice thank slam direct pass column drink”.
- Encrypted export will NOT allow you to export the seed in a human readble format.
- Click on “I already have a mnemonic”.
- Type your seedphrase.
- Click on “Submit”.
Congratulations! You have now secured your first seed.