How to import an encrypted masterkey to a Satochip hardware wallet?
A masterseed can be imported encrypted using the SeedkeeperTool. In this case, the encrypted masterseed can be obtained from the export menu after pairing the Seedkeeper with the Satochip (see “Tutorial” section for pairing two cards).
To import an encrypted masterkey to a Satochip hardware wallet, follow these steps:
- Grab your Seedkeeper card and plug it in your card reader.
- Launch the SeedkeeperTool (see the “Download” section).
- Generate a new masterseed on your Seedkeeper (see “Tutorial” section).
- Click on “Export a Secret”, select the secret to export and the authentikey of your Satochip card (see “Tutorial” section for pairing two cards).
- Click on “Export” and copy the encrypted output.
- Plug your Satochip card.
- Using the SeedkeeperTool, click on “Import a Secret”
- Select “Secure import from json”
- Past the encrypted output (see step 5).
- Click “Import”
Congratulations! You have successfuly imported an encrypted masterseed (generated on your Seedkeeper) within your Satochip hardware wallet.